Considering the fast-paced and progressing society we live in, blue light sources will only get more prominent in our homes and public areas. We cannot stop the mass production of companies of digital devices since it has now become a “need” more than a “want” these days. We all know that these devices emit blue lights, but we cannot also stop using them since we are mandated to rely on them since the pandemic started. Fortunately, there are a variety of strategies to minimize blue light exposure. Being aware of how blue light affects our health is just the beginning.
The following tips below can help you in minimizing any potential negative effects of blue lights:
- Obviously, the most famous tip we can suggest is the 20-20-20 rule. It is a practice where you look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. Make it a habit.
- Avoid using your devices in the dark to reduce your risk of developing eyestrain.
- Drink plenty of water. Keep those eyes hydrated, mate.
- Lowering your screen brightness is not enough! Install an anti-blue light screen protector for better protection!
- And of course, give your eyes a break! They get tired, too!